Peach stuffed french toast
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 20 slices
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Reduced-calorie pancake syrup, optional
- Arrange half of the bread in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Top with peaches, pecans and remaining bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, sugar, 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon and vanilla; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8
- hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and remaining
- cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over French toast.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Serve with syrup if desired.
- next time I am going to use cream cheese in the middle