Chocolate Marion Berry Truffle Cheesecake
- 1 cup double stuff oreos
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄3 cup marion berry jam, seedless * or any kind of berry seedless jam*
- 6 ounces chocolate chip
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Prepare a 9" springform pan: Attache bottom to sides and spray with non-stick vegetable spray. Wrap outside of pan with foil to "seal" the seams for the Bain Marie (water bath;Bain Marie - Use a large roasting pan, place springform pan in roasting pan then fill roasting pan with boiling water to a level of half way up the sides of the springform pan.)
- Combine crumbs and butter and press onto bottom of the springform pan.
- Combine 3 packages cream cheese and the sugar, mixing at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending on low speed till incorporated well.
- Blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour over crust.
- Combine remaining cream cheese and the melted chocolate, mixing until well blended. Add jam and mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of chocolate-raspberry-cheese mixture evenly spaced over plain batter; pushing the "truffles" into the plain batter if necessary; do not swirl.
- Bake in the Bain Marie at 325F for 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Remove cake from Bain Marie and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan with a thin flexible blade and then remove sides from springform pan. Cool completely.
- Prepare Topping: Melt chocolate chips and whipping cream over low heat, stirring until smooth. Spread over cheesecake, top and down sides, as well, as desired. Chill for at least 4 hour.