Sunday Morning the kids looked cute...not in such great moods…but this is what we got.
August 26, 2011
August 24, 2011
So while mom is enjoying New York, we are enjoying the fruits of her labor. The garden is over flowing with yumminess! We have beets, carrots, potatoes, cucumbers, squash and my favorite cherry tomatoes. I could eat the entire bowl. We took the kids up the to pick black berries and came back home with a huge bowl of them. I am going to make jam. And then Friday make pop tarts with fresh blackberry jam. yum!!!
The kids and I made this mini muffins to sell at our yard sale. Mainly I just needed a way to include them the day of the yard sale. It worked. They did pretty well.
Mini Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup sour cream
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line mini cupcake pan with liners, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In another large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing well.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
6. Gently add in the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
7. Evenly divide the batter among the prepared cupcake liners (I use a large ice cream scoop for this) so that the liners are about 3/4-full.
8. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean, about 14-18 minutes.
Lemon-Blueberry Pudding Cake
3 large eggs, separated
2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Butter a 2-quart soufflé dish. In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, butter, buttermilk, lemon zest and juice. Add sugar, flour and salt and whisk until smooth.
2. Beat egg whites until firm peaks form. Fold one-quarter of beaten egg whites into lemon mixture, then gently fold in remaining whites. Pour batter into baking dish; transfer dish to a large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of baking dish. Sprinkle blueberries over pudding.
3. Bake until top is puffed and light brown, about 45 minutes. Remove from water bath and let cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve.
I am behind on my blogging so here are a few crafts that we did. I have been so busy with life and the kids. That I just have been naughty with my blogging.
Skillet Lasagna1 lb ground beef
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 c chopped fresh spinach
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
salt & pepper to taste
1 yellow squash julienned
1 small green bell pepper chopped
1/2 c sour cream
1 cup cheese grated
1/2 bag egg noddles
Cook egg noodles. Meanwhile brown beef and add sauce and all the rest of the ingredients and top with cheese. Turn heat down and let simmer for 20-25 min. Serve in skillet.