Red Potato & Broccoli Soup
Even if its hot outside there is no excuse to not enjoy a delicious hot soup with bread. mmm mmm mmm
Red Potato Broccoli Soup
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- water, enough to cover the potatoes
- 12 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 2 small sweet onions, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash of red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt (Chobani all the way!!!)
- 1 cup shredded 2% milk sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large pot bring the water to a boil and dissolve the bouillon cubes.
- Boil the quartered potatoes for about 15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, sauté the onions, garlic, pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes in the olive oil. Cook just until tender.
- Once the onions are tender, turn off the heat and pureé them in the food processor. Put the onion pureé back into the sauce pan.
- At this point, the potatoes should be cooked. Pureé the potatoes in the food processor.
- Add the potato pureé to the onion mush.
- Add the broccoli to the boiling vegetable bouillon water (add more water until the broccoli is just submerged in the vegetable broth). Boil for about 15 minutes until tender.
- Put half of the cooked broccoli in the food processor and pureé.
- Add the broccoli pureé and the whole pieces of broccoli into the large sauce pan with the onion and potato mush.
- Turn the heat back on the sauce pan to medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of the vegetable bouillon water to the sauce pan and stir.
- Add the Greek yogurt and cheese and stir until completely blended.
- Serve and enjoy with nice hearty bread!